Baked Spaghetti Topped with Fresh Mozzarella
Tomato Sauce (see Tomato Sauce with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes)
1 pkg of Spaghetti or pasta
1 pound of ground hamburger
10 oz of fresh mozzarella, sliced in chunks
Tomato Sauce with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
4T Olive Oil
1 pt of Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
3 zucchinis, sliced and quartered
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
½ large sweet onion, chopped
2 large cans of petite diced tomatoes
Sweet Basil seasoning
Strawberry Banana Bread
Total Time Approximately: 60 minutes
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1 c granulated sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 c all-purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1-1/2 c chopped strawberries, tossed in 1 T flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray with baking spray two 9x5 loaf pans and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl, until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs together with a fork.
4. Add eggs to sugar mixture and combine.
5. Add mashed bananas and mix until combined.
6. Sift flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to banana mixture until flour is just combined.
7. Fold in floured strawberries.
8. Pour batter into loaf pans.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
10. REDUCE HEAT to 350 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool completely before removing from pans.
Zucchini Boats with Ground Turkey
Makes 12 halves of stuffed zucchini.
Total Time: Approximately 45 minutes
6 large zucchini, cut in half length-wise, seeds removed
12-16 oz ground turkey
2 T olive oil
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 - 1 c sweet onion, chopped (to taste preference)
24 oz. jar marinara or red sauce of choice
1 - 2 c shredded Italian cheese blend
Salt and Pepper
Optional: Sweet Basil, Parsley or other herbs to add
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place halved and scooped out zucchini in pan (I use a roasting pan/lasagna pan with high sides to contain the sauce).
3. Bake zucchini for 15-20 minutes on pan (not yet stuffed)
4. Heat olive oil in skillet.
5. Add garlic and onions, saute until onions are translucent.
6. Add ground turkey to skillet. Add a bit of salt and pepper to turkey. Cook turkey through.
7. Scoop ground turkey mix into warm zucchini halves.
8. Cover all stuffed zucchini with marinara sauce.
9. Top with shredded cheese and any other topping.
10. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is at the desired bubbly-level.
Anyone who knows me knows that cooking is not a passion for me. Which is unfortunate because I actually am a good cook.