Zucchini Boats with Ground Turkey
Makes 12 halves of stuffed zucchini.
Total Time: Approximately 45 minutes
6 large zucchini, cut in half length-wise, seeds removed
12-16 oz ground turkey
2 T olive oil
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 - 1 c sweet onion, chopped (to taste preference)
24 oz. jar marinara or red sauce of choice
1 - 2 c shredded Italian cheese blend
Salt and Pepper
Optional: Sweet Basil, Parsley or other herbs to add
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place halved and scooped out zucchini in pan (I use a roasting pan/lasagna pan with high sides to contain the sauce).
3. Bake zucchini for 15-20 minutes on pan (not yet stuffed)
4. Heat olive oil in skillet.
5. Add garlic and onions, saute until onions are translucent.
6. Add ground turkey to skillet. Add a bit of salt and pepper to turkey. Cook turkey through.
7. Scoop ground turkey mix into warm zucchini halves.
8. Cover all stuffed zucchini with marinara sauce.
9. Top with shredded cheese and any other topping.
10. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is at the desired bubbly-level.
Anyone who knows me knows that cooking is not a passion for me. Which is unfortunate because I actually am a good cook.